Friday, March 28, 2014

Calypso's Rage ~ 8

Calypso's Rage
Eight
    Over the merchant's head I saw Kane smile and Estella shake her head.
    "I could have sworn that you said your passenger was a girl." I replied
    "No, I didn't. What do you know about my passenger?" He asked his voice still hard
    I shook my head and started to walk toward the pub "Like I said before you are better off leaving."
    "No."
    I stopped and smiled at my companions but removed it before turning around. "Why do you care so much?" I asked
    He looked away from my gaze and I grinned again
    "You like her. You barely knew your passenger and yet you fancy her."
    "Is there a problem with that." He asked subbornly
    I chuckled "No but now I know your a fool."
    "How does that make me a fool?"
    "Did the girl ever asked to be rescued? How do you know she doesn't like where she is?"
    "No one likes to be captured by pirates."
    "Unless she is a pirate."
    "That's not possible!"
    I raised an eyebrow "Are you sure. Woman pirates are not uncommon and Caspian is not the type to take prisoners."
    "There's no way!"
    I rolled my eyes "Now your just being stubborn. If you come after her she may not be as ahppy as your hoped."
    "How would you know?"
    I took my hat off, letting my hair down. It brushed my shoulders and I looked the merchant in the eye as I put the hat back on. "Because, I'm her. Did you ever wonder how a pirate ship found you in the middle of a fog when you were dead silent." He was obviously shocked but I continued, "Caspian is my captain. He was running low on supplies and that was the quickest way to get them. I sang a shanty allowing them to find your ship."
    He sat down on a barrel his eyes slightly broken. "But..."
    I leaned over him, "Its nothing personal, your were simply an easy target. You're lucky you cooperated, Caspian could have done worse."
    I straightened and put my hair back in my hat. As I leaving he called out, "Wait, why did people tell me to avoid your group."
    I smiled devilishly "Because I am Caspian." I walked back into the pub with my companions following me and stated, "I need another drink."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment