Friday, March 22, 2013

Purple Moon (HM9)

Purple Moon
Half Moon 9
    Patty arrives early like Kat expected she would, "Is your brother okay with this."
    Kat nods, leading her to the kitchen where she had been chopping vegetables, "Claudius agreed with me, especially when I mentioned you would come to help."
    Patty giggles and starts a pot of water boiling. Once Patty was comfortable in the kitchen, Kat fakes lightheadedness and gives all the work to Patty while she sits at the island and sips tea.
    "I was talking to a bunch of my friends today about how you did tutor work. They mentioned how some of there kids needed help in some subject or another. They want to meet you, would tomorrow be ok?"
    "That will be fine," Kat responds.
    "Great, we come around tea time."
    Kat agrees with a nod, "I do hope your friends have some stories to tell. Life can get rather boring when you're not doing anything."
    Patty giggles again, "I know exactly what you mean. Don't worry, the girls around here live for gossip."
    They talked about meaningless things until the dinner was made, then she excused herself to get prepared. Kat sighs once she is gone then goes to ready herself. She finds Cade in the sitting room.
    "How did the preparations go," He asks.
    Kat sighs, "According to Patty, the women around here live for gossip. I may be able to get information from them."
    He nods, and she turns to leave then remembers what Patty said and says, "Patty said that she had to get ready that means we will have to get dressed up too."
    He groans and Kat leaves before he can say anything. Kat dresses in a purple dress that showed off the moon on her shoulder blade and matched her piercing eyes. She ignored the jewelry Adalia had packed to go with the dress and went to find Cade.
    She found him downstairs in a suit arranging the dining table, "Decided to help have you?"
    He shrugs and the table is set just in time for Heath and Patty to show up. They sit down at the table and eat. Cade praises Patty for her cooking and Kat just smiles. She notices from the corner of her eye that Heath was watching her whenever his wife wasn't looking. He didn't say anything, and she didn't ask. Dinner went smoothly, and Kat and Cade showed their guests out.
    "He definitely is up to something," Cade says.
    Kat nods in response.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting. I tend to ignore my grammer but I will try to do better

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry ReN I was on my tablet and accidentally hit the remove comment and, no thanks to Google, I have no idea how I can get it back, or even if I can.

      Delete