Sunday, March 17, 2024

Eye of Worth 3

 Eye of Worth 3

    "I bet he's with a new girl. Word is he's a player and he's been getting tired of Lily."

    "No! You don't think..."

    The other girl nodded her head as I turned a corner and didn't hear her reply. I entered the classroom to see the teacher having problems with his computer connecting to the school system. This was the third time this semester. I hoped that I didn't just waste a trip. The teacher couldn't figure it out but luckily a student a majoring in something to do with computers showed up to class and got everything working again just in time for a short lecture before the class ended.

    The drive back home was uneventful. The snow had stopped and Alice didn't contact me. Bree's car was still in the driveway when I got home. i pulled off my boots as I walked in the door and saw the screen in the entryway light up welcoming me back.

    "Bree?" I called out.

    "In the kitchen!"

    I placed my boots on the shoe rack and followed her voice. Bree was standing with a mixing bowl in one hand and a wire whisk in the other. Her forever curly hair was pulled back into a ponytail but there were a couple strands near her face that had fallen out. There was a smudge of flour on her nose and dishes meant for food preparation in the sink.

    "If you're feeling well enough to bake shouldn't you be at work," I said tapping the oven to turn on the light as I looked inside.

    "Those will be brownies when they're done," she replied, "you know that baking is easier for me then working."

    I stood up, "You work at a bakery."

    She shrugged, "Anything interesting happen today?"

    "Alice wants my help with something, but she didn't give any details."

    Bree laughed, "If she continues asking for your help I'm going to think that the skills she's so proud of don't exist."

    The screen in the kitchen lit up and Alice's voice poured out, "Hey! All I want is for Tay to come with me because I thought she might be interested."



⮘ Previous | Archive | Next ⮚

No comments:

Post a Comment