Friday, March 14, 2014

Calypso's Rage ~ 6

Calypso's Rage
Six
    Kane slung his arm around my shoulders as the door shut, "Well I need a drink to calm my thoughts who what's to come with me."
    I rolled my eyes, "Sometimes I wonder if you need drink to do everything in your life."
    "Is that a yes?" He asked ignoring my comment
    I rolled my eyes "Aye"
    Estella nodded "We could all use a drink. Come Captain Sawyer I want to see if you can hold your liquor."
    He grumbled but didn't say no. As we walked to our favored pub Sawyer kept glancing at me. Once we were settled down and all had our drinks I confronted Sawyer.
    "If you have something you wish to say Sawyer, then speak."
    Kane laughed and Sawyer looked at me startled before replying, "Surely you can't be the Caspian of rumors?"
    "Unlike Kane I don't keep up with my rumors so your going to have to tell me which one you are talking about."
    Kane almost spit our his drink and glared at me but I gave him one of my devilish smiles as a response.
    Sawyer glanced around before speaking "Supposedly your appearance changes every time you raid a ship. Even though you bargain with captains of other ships they always ended up worse off then if you just took the cargo. The captains can never tell it was you until they are watching their ship sink from a small dingy and you are sailing away."
    I raised an eyebrow "That last one was rather specific. But all rumors have a grain of truth."
    "So what is the grain of truth?" He asked as a the sound of a fight starting up came from behind us.
   Estella answered "Caspian never spills his secrets."
   I glanced behind me and saw someone I recognized, the merchant from before. He saw me and gestured for the bartender to look at our table. He did and I smiled at him. I couldn't hear anything but it looked like the bartender was trying to convince the merchant to leave me alone, without success.
    I turned back to my companions and chuckled "Looks like I have someone who wants to talk to me."
    Kane shook his head, "Sawyer if you doubt that Caspian is sitting before you then your about to see some proof, the poor bastard."
    Sawyer looked around the table confused but wasn't able to say anything since the merchant walked up at that moment. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment