Friday, March 29, 2013

Purple Moon (HM10)

Happy Easter weekend everyone. I saw the Host and bought myself some new shirts.
Since I am running around so much today this is all I can post. I have to admit that this is one of my favorite parts just because of the irony. Hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy creating it. Although I do struggle with some of the wording but hopefully you can't tell where that is. Please continue to read and comment. I can't improve if you don't tell me the mistakes I am making.
-Rose B.
Purple Moon
Half Moon 10
    Kat sighs and sets down the tea tray on a table in the parlor. Cade vanished with Heath, and now it was just her, at least until her guests came. Kat considers asking Patty about her husband behavior but decides its unimportant unless it got in the way of their assignment.
    Kat is about to sit down when the doorbell rings. Waiting for her at the door are five women. Patty is closest to the door, so she is the one Kat greets. "You have good timing I just put out the tea."
    Patty smiles and leads the other women to the parlor leaving Kat to close the door after them. Once Kat joined them, Patty introduced her to everyone. The tall sweet-looking woman is Annice, the short fierce-eyed one is Emely, the youngest one is Aadi, and the straight-faced strict-looking one is Behitha.
    Kat could tell she had already won over two of them, but Behitha was going to need some convincing, "It is a pleasure to meet you all."
    "Patty tells us you use to be a tutor before you came here," Annice says.
    "Yes, my brother is lazy, so I was the one who worked even though it was against my mother's wishes. But then the doctor said I should take it easy and my brother whisked me off to this place, determined that I should do nothing but sit around all day. Luckily Patty's husband took him somewhere today, so I can freely tell you about how I miss working."
    Patty giggles, "You make Claude sound like a tyrant."
    Kat smiles, "I don't think Claudius could be a tyrant to save his life. He's just a huge pain in my side, always has been."
    The girls laugh.
    "That's how brothers are," Emely comments.
    They start into a conversation about brothers and Kat lets them talk only commenting when she has to. She notices that Behitha isn't participating either. Instead, she is looking at the swords on the mantle.
    "You enjoy weapons?" Kat asks.
    The woman looks at her, "My father was a smith. I use to help him with his work, so I know a good weapon when I see one."
    "Then you know what those are?"
    "Yes, they're twin swords. Forged together, sharpened together, fought together. Almost identical in every aspect. I doubt there are many swords similar to them."
    Kat was aware that the other women were also listening. She stands up and picks up one of her swords. She passes it to Behitha, who takes it with great care.
    She looks at it with a skilled eye, "Amazing. Whoever made this was extremely skilled. I can't see a single flaw. It has also been cared for well. Whose was this?"
    "My mother's. When she died, they came to me. She was very skilled with the sword, and she taught me everything she knew. I can tell you that they had been bathed in blood many times before I inherited them." Kat takes the sword back and puts it where it was before.
    "I had no idea your family was skilled with weapons," Patty says, "Why were they?"
    Kat smiles, "My mother was a hunter. She wanted to make sure we could protect ourselves."
    The room went silent.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. The grammar (as far as I can tell) is perfect this time! Good job, this is a really interesting chapter! And I can't tell that there was any struggling at all. Interesting cliffhanger, I'm really excited for the next one.

    ReplyDelete