Saturday, March 22, 2014

Calypso's Rage ~ 7

So sorry I forgot that it was the day I normally write until it was to late. So you get the post today.
Rose B.
Calypso's Rage
Seven
    "Hello," I said "What brings a merchant to a table of pirates?"
    "I was hoping I could talk to you."
    I raised an eyebrow and looked at my companions. Kane was hiding a smile, Estella looked bored and Sawyer was trying to not seem to interested and failing. "Very well, but lets go outside."
    I stood up without waiting for an answer and nodded to the bartender. The bartender just shook his head and ignored us. I walked out the back door and leaned against a fence. Kane and Estella took Sawyer off to the side while the merchant watched them.
    "So what is it you wanted from me?" I asked
    "My ship was raided a few days ago. I don't care about the cargo but I think that a passenger that was riding with me might have been kidnapped."
    "And why is it any of my business what happened on your ship."
    He gulped and glanced again at my companions "I need to find this passenger and since this is a place where pirates frequent...."
    He trailed off and I smiled "You're lying."
    He looked at me startled "What?"
    I pushed off the wall and leaned towards him the smile dropping off my face "You're lying. If you wanted a pirates help you could have stayed at the docks. You sought me out. So you better tell the truth before I become bored or mad."
    He didn't back away, instead his eyes became hard and determined. I smiled wickedly and stood up straight.
    "Fine." He spat, "I am looking for the passenger but I didn't come to ask for help. I recognized a ship docked in the port as the one that raided mine. I asked around and learned the captain of the ship liked this bar. Everyone I talked to warned me away from talking to the captain. It wasn't until the bartender did the same that I knew the captain was in your group."
    "Do you know the name of the captain you are looking for?" I asked
    "No one ever called him by name. They only referred to him as a devil or demon."
    "Although most pirates have that title I know exactly which one you are looking for. Have you ever heard of Captain Caspian?"
    He nodded "I've heard the sailors talk about him."
    "Well then I suggest you walk away and forget about your passenger. Nothing good comes from talking to Caspian, not for you and not for the girl you carried."
    I waited to see if he would take the bait and after a moment of thought, he did with a glare and a voice of stone.
    "I never mentioned my passengers gender."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment