Friday, June 28, 2013

Purple Moon (HM22)

Purple Moon
Half Moon 22
    Michael slowly approaches Kat, "So you're a hunter too."
    Kat opens her eyes and looks at the boy, "Yes, I am a hunter, but my mom never was one."
    "So why did you lie."
    Kat smiles, "To find the Alteration, the community had to be comfortable with us."
    "Do you always lie?" He asks, looking a little sad.
    Kat shakes her head, "This was a special case."
    Cade walks up, "So after all this do you still want to be a hunter."
    Michael thinks about it then shakes his head. Cade laughs and ruffles Michael's hair. Michael looks like he wants to say something, but at that moment, the support team arrives. A man runs over to Kat with a medical kit.
    "Where are you hurt?" he asks all business.
    Kat lifts her shirt, exposing her wound, "I may also have one on my back."
    The medic nods and turns to Cade, "What about you."
    "Nothing except aching fingers."
    Kat snorts, "That because you never do any work."
    Cade pulls a mock wounded look, "that hurt, do you care so little of me."
    Kat ignores him as the medic bandages her, "For the next couple of days you shouldn't fight. You can practice but nothing too strenuous. I will tell Silias just in case you try to go anyway."
    Kat nods and the medic moves off to talk to Silias. Cade smiles at Kat, "You're going to be stuck at home while the rest of us work."
    Kat smiles back, "don't forget when I'm stuck at home you are too, partner."
    The smile drops from Cade's face, and he turns away. Kat also releases her smile and stands up. Ignoring the mutterings of Cade, she walks over to her boss.
    "So what do you think?"
    Silias sighs, "I think your theory is correct, which is unsettling. I have never heard of an Alteration who could hijack another Alteration. But a lot of things are happening that I never thought possible."
    Kat nods, "the Queen seems to be behind everything. If we capture her, I have a feeling we will get a lot of answers?"
    "But you will be resting."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment