Friday, April 12, 2013

Purple Moon (HM12)

Just a short one today. Hope you don't mind
-Rose B.
Purple Moon
Half Moon 12
    Kat's smile falters when she sees Heath but puts it back in place before the boys could notice. "What a surprise. If you're here for Patty, I'm sorry to say, but she's already left."
    "I'm not here for Patty," Heath responds.
    She looks at Cade, "I didn't know Claudius was planning on bringing a guest."
    "He just sprung up on me in town," Cade explains, "How were the ladies?"
    "Nice, I told them about mom," She says, choosing her words carefully.
    Cade got the hint, "That's nice."
    "There is still food leftover if you want some," Kat changes the subject.
    "Yes please," Heath replies.
    Kat leads Heath to the parlor while Cade excuses himself to change his clothes. For a moment they sit in awkward silence, and when Kat can't stand it anymore, she speaks.
    "So why did you want to visit Cade?"
    "It wasn't Cade I wanted to see."
    That caught her attention, "Oh?"
    But instead of saying anything more, he stands, "I should be going."
    Cade walks into the room, "But you just got here."
    "I shouldn't keep the misses waiting."
    "I understand," Kat says, "You can find your own way to the door."
    He nods and leaves. Cade and Kat stare at the empty doorway until they hear a door close. "He's up to something," Cade comments.
    Kat nods, "But there's nothing we can do about it at the moment. The Alteration is our top priority at the moment."
    "Did you learn anything?"
    "They wouldn't speak while I was in the room, but I hid around the corner, and they said we should be safe because we're new but that it should attack soon. What about you?"
    "Nothing, but the people are nervous. Should we set a trap?"
    "No, we know nothing about this Alteration. It would be nice if we could watch its attack but its too cautious."
    "I'll figure something out."
    "Fine and I am going to tutor some kids just so you are aware."
    He nods before leaving.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment