Friday, April 26, 2013

Purple Moon (HM14)

Purple Moon
Half Moon 14
    Kat sits in the study with Michael and two of his friends. She sips tea as they work on various papers.
    "You have a lot of book miss," One of the boys says.
    "Yes, Jacob, most of them belonged to my mother."
    Michael looks up, "My mom said that your mom was a hunter."
    The other boys look at her, curious.
    "Yes," Kat replies, "She never told me much about her work, but she gave my brother and me basic training so we could defend ourselves."
    "That's so cool. I wish I could be a hunter," Jacob musses.
    Kat laughs, "Well if you do your homework, I'm sure you can."
    A ringing comes from the hallway. Kat stands up and answers the phone, "Hello?"
    "Hay Kat it's me," Adalia's voice says.
    Kat turns away from the study and whispers, "I have guests can you call later?"
    "No, Silias said to contact you immediately."
    Kat sighs, "What is so important?"
    "Silias has been checking the data. Apparently, there is a rise in Alteration activity in your area."
    "No one's been attacked here yet."
    "The tech people thought it was weird too. They said that the Alteration should still be making sure you're not a threat, not gathering forces."
    "That doesn't help much, no one's talking to us. So it may take us a few more days before we learn something."
    "Why don't you use some feminine charm."
    "Adalia...this isn't about finding me a date."
    "Oh, Kat, you're all business, you can still have fun on an assignment."
    Kat sighs, "what else did Silias want to tell me."
    "He said to be extra careful and to keep an eye out for anything suspicious."
    "Thanks for calling Adalia, bye."
    "Wait--"
    Kat hangs up and rubs her temples. She looks into the parlor and sees the boys laughing. She heads upstairs and finds Cade in the sitting room, "Adalia called."
    He looks up from the newspaper, "And?"
    Kat explains the news, "and I want to throw a party."
    "You're a slave driver."
    "The sooner we kill this Alteration, the sooner we can go home."
    He thinks about it, "Alright, I'll tell Patty that the doctor says your health is improving, and I want to throw a surprise party."
    Kat nods and the doorbell rings, "That will be the mothers. You should answer it, that way you will have a chance to talk to them."
    Cade stands and leaves. Kat looks out the window at the warm sun, hoping nothing goes wrong.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment