Friday, November 30, 2012

Purple Moon Begining

Hay, everyone sorry I'm posting so late but I went and saw a movie but I'm going to start my first story today. I will be my first time using the omnipotent point of view so excuse me if it doesn't look quite right. I have been practicing though, so hopefully it won't be too bad and it should get better as I get used to the rhythm of the story. Thanks for reading and remember comments and suggestions are appreciated.
-Rose B.
Purple Moon
No Moon, Blood's greatest chance...


 Crescent Moon 1
Crescent Moon, The cycle begins...
    A girl walks through the town her swords bloodied by the battle she had just fought. Her hair is black as the night sky around her, and her eyes are a piercing violet. Her cloak sways around her ankles in the wind, as she searches the deserted town.
    "Cade!" She calls frustrated that he didn't help, "Would you hurry up we don't have all night."
    A boy walks out from the shadow of a deserted building. He has red-brown hair and amber eyes that sparkle with mischief. A crossbow is slung across his back, and a slight smile rests on his lips.
    "Come on Kat, learn to live a little." He says and saunters over to the girl
    "Hunting the Alterations is our life, and you need to be more serious about it."
    He chuckles, "Whatever you say."
    Kat crosses her arms, "Cade, you can't afford to move on to another partner."
    His eyes harden, and he gives off an air of danger, "But no one gets along with you like I do so you wouldn't request a trade."
    She doesn't look away from Cade's eyes not willing to back down from his challenge "That doesn't matter to me, and you know it."
    Both of them are silent, and the world seems to hold it's breath like it expects two predators to fight. Cade considers if he could win against this vicious warrior. Deciding that the answer is no, he smiles, and his eyes lose their hardness, instantly breaking the tension.
    "You win," He says his voice slightly upbeat.
    Kat rolls her eyes, "Come on we need to go back to the City. Silas said the Council wants us to report in as soon as we are done."
    Cade chuckles and looks beyond Kat at the town. The only buildings left whole were the ones on the outer edge. The others were either in pieces or had huge damage done to them. Some were worse than others, but the biggest damage was in the middle of the town where it looked like there had been a big explosion in the middle of the road. Houses had been blown away, and there was a huge crater in the dirt.
   "I never get used to the destruction Alterations cause, and it seems to be even worse when you are involved in the fight." Cade sighs
    Kat glances at where Cade was looking, "You must be imagining it. I only do what I am told, I get rid of the distorted things that use to be human."
    "Alterations."
    Kat looks back to Cade, "And that is your job too. Now come one I don't want to be late again."
    Kat walks off, and after giving one last look at the destruction, admiring her handy work, Cade follows.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment