Thursday, April 18, 2024

Eye of Worth 4

 Eye of Worth 4


    Bree Raised an eyebrow, "That may be true this time, but that isn't always the case."

    There was silence for a moment, "Sometimes it can't be helped; despite the world we live in, hacking skills won't get me everything."

    I smiled, "Are you going to explain the details now?"

    Alice cleared her throat, "Right, there's a fancy party I want to attend tomorrow and I want you to come with me."

    "What would I find interesting about that."

    "The party is for members of a secret society. Don't worry i have a way to get us in, all you need to do is what you normally do."

    "I was right, you do want to use her talents!" Bree said.

    I sighed, "When are we meeting and what am I supposed to wear?"

    "Something elegant and a mask to hide at least a part of your face, I'll pick you up about one o'clock."

    "That sounds like it will be fun. Why am I not invited?" Bree asked.

    I rolled my eyes, "Bree, you're sick."

    "And you're not good at pretending to be something you're not," Alice chimed in.

    Bree glared at the screen but before she could say anything the timer on the oven went off. Bree pulled out the brownies and almost slammed them on the counter. She poured the batter in the mixing bowl into another pan and tossed that into the oven.

    "She's angry isn't she," Alice whispered.

    I slowly backed out of the kitchen, "I have things to do. Bree don't chew out Alice too bad."

    "Wait!" Alice cried.

    Bree turned her attention back to Alice and I fled downstairs. 



⮘ Previous | Archive | Next ⮚

No comments:

Post a Comment