Thursday, November 21, 2013

Purple Moon (FM4)


Purple Moon
Full Moon 4
    Kat feels nothing, and she can't open her eyes. To her, its as if she is suspended in darkness.
    "Am I dead?" She wonders.
    "No," A soft familiar voice replies.
    "Who are you?"
    "Someone who knows you well."
    "Do I know you?"
    "You will discover that for yourself. Are you ready?"
    "For what?"
    "For the end of sleep."
    "...I didn't know I was asleep."
    "No one knows they are sleeping until they awake."
    "Then, I guess I am."
    There was a flash of light, and when Kat opened her eyes, she was in a girlish bedroom. She was sitting on a bed, and warm light streamed in from the window next to her. 
    "Angelica," A voice called from outside the closed door.
    "Just go away." Angelica sniffled and hugged her pillow closer.
    There was a sigh, "Alright, I'm going to the store and Phil should be home soon. But don't forget you can call."
    Angelica didn't say anything, and her mother moved away from the door. She waited until she heard the car start up and leave before getting off of the bed. She grabbed her phone off of the nightstand and pulled on the huge sweatshirt that was hanging from her bedpost.
    She was almost drowning in the sweatshirt, but it reminded her of when her dad would give her hugs when she was little. She pulled the sleeves up so she could use her hands and opened the door. As she descended the stairs to the first floor, she tapped on her phone and called her best friend.
    "I was wondering when you were going to call," The female voice on the other end answered.
    Angelica sighed, "I don't need your sarcasm, Saph."
    "Sorry. So today was a bad one."
    Angelica walked into the kitchen and rummaged through the cupboards looking for something sweet, "You have no idea. She never understands."
    "I'm assuming she's gone."
    "Yep, she went to the store."
    "Cool, do you want me to come get you then."
    "Please, before Phil comes with his sickly sweet attitude."
    Laughter came from the phone, "Alright, let me grab my keys."
    Angelica hung up and sighed. There weren't any sweets to be found, which meant she would have to ask Saph to make a detour. Angelica left the kitchen, walked outside, and sat on her front porch to wait for her friend. Just as the cool fall air was beginning to seep into her clothing, a van stopped right in front of her house.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment