Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Eye of Worth 5

 Eye of Worth 5


    I opened the door to see Alice dressed in a gold one shoulder gown with shear fabric hung off the back of the beaded shoulder. The empire waist was also beaded and she was holding a gold half mask in her hands. The gold matched well with her olive skin tone and gave her regal air.

    "You look like a Greek goddess."

    She smiled, "Thanks."

    She looked me over. The dress I settled on was a black and silver mermaid gown with a halter neckline. There wasn't any fabric to create volume so it draped around my legs. My matching half mask was sitting on the table next to the door.

    "You look like... an evil queen," She said.

    I laughed, "Thank you."

    I grabbed my mask and a shawl and we walked out the door. We hurried to Alice's car, which she's thankfully left running so it was still warm. Alice quickly back out of the driveway and took off down the street.

    "I can't believe you abandoned me to face Bree alone," She said.

    I smiled, "It's your fault for triggering her. Plus you hacked into the house system again you could have just cut the connection."

    She muttered something under her breath but I chose to ignore her until she had cooled down a little.

    "So what is it about this secret society that caused you to investigate it?" I asked.

    She changed lanes, "I found evidence of them doing money laundering but something tells me there's more sinister things going on."

    "And you want to know what it is."

    "Exactly."

    "So how is this going to work?"



⮘ Previous | Archive | Next ⮚

No comments:

Post a Comment